Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna
Great recipe, benefitted by some spice!
I compiled many of the suggestions here and came up with a version that I think tastes great.
1. I cook the zucchini separately from the rest of the veggies so they can have their own layer in the lasagna.
2. I heavily seasoned all the veggies with several big shakes of basil and oregano, salt (several large pinches), pepper and garlic. I added ~5 cloves to kick it up. I also threw in a few shakes of crushed red pepper.
3. I added garlic powder to the white/parmesan sauce. Butter would richen it up, but I wanted to try to keep it somewhat healthy.
4. I added some tomato slices to the top of the pile, then smothered it in mozz + parm cheese. It adds a nice flavor, and is a nice visual touch in my opinion...
5. I cook mine for about 45-50 minutes, uncovered, in order for the top to brown.
450 users found this review helpful
Feb. 10, 2008