Amazingly delicious!! I've been to many, many island resorts and have never had such good mahi mahi as this.
And I cut corners, even!
1. I used canned tropical fruit and juice to sweeten;
2. Used chili paste from a tube;
3. Used a can of coconut milk instead of regular coconut (it made the sauce thicker)
4. I also dipped the filets in an egg mixture to ensure even coating.
5. I pureed the sauce instead of straining-- if you do this, you'll have twice as much as you would otherwise.
My bf was so impressed, he suggested we save the leftover sauce so I can make it again, TOMORROW!!
Also, I used frozen fish and boullion (not stock)- this meant I didn't have to simmer the sauce in order to reduce.
Was this review helpful?
16 users found this review helpful
Amazingly delicious!! I've been to many, many island resorts and have never had such good mahi...