ROBERT’S TIPS: ~ 26 proof (slightly less than normal Baileys, IF you follow this recipe)
• Calories: WAY up there!
• Enjoy a shot over ice, in your coffee, or over ice cream.
• Instead of what the recipe says, dissolve your instant coffee in a little boiling water first or it will stay granular in the finished product, and also you won’t risk scalding your milk.
• Add more chocolate to the recipe – how can you go wrong?
• Mix the sweetened condensed milk with your melted chocolate while its still over the double boiler to reduce the chance your chocolate will form a sediment at the bottom of the bottle.
• Use good whiskey. I used Michael Collins for this batch.
• If you must sample, have an extra bottle of whiskey on hand, or wait till you’re done making the recipe. You do NOT want to drive to the store for another bottle.
• Have 2 empty bottles (plus your bottle of whiskey) ready. For some reason, the last bottle doesn’t get full. Not sure why that is…
• Do use a funnel. Do not use the funnel hanging in your garage.
• Attempt to store for at least two weeks before drinking. Hahahahaha!
• Filter and discard small portions periodically in the toilet. If there’s more remaining in the bottle after 1 month, discard.
• Keep refrigerated.
Was this review helpful?
19 users found this review helpful
ROBERT’S TIPS: ~ 26 proof (slightly less than normal Baileys, IF you follow this...