I made this recipe yesterday, and boy is it tasty! I made some amendments to it though, as my husband is really allergic to nuts and nut products, and I was going to enter them into a healthy cookie contest, so I wanted to cut back on the fat:
1. instead of walnuts, I used pumpkin seeds
2. instead of almond butter, I used sunflower seed butter
3. instead of canola oil, I used applesauce
4. Instead of blue agave nectar, I used honey
5. I doubled the entire recipe, but kept the sugar at 1/3 cup. In other words, I used half the amount of sugar.
They're fabulous!! However, something really strange happened today. The outside is the normal brown colour, but the insides are green. Like, emerald green! They taste the same as they did yesterday, but the colour is throwing me off a little.
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
I made this recipe yesterday, and boy is it tasty! I made some amendments to it though, as my...