This recipe is an excellent base. With some minor changes, I found it really outstanding!
These were the edits I made:
- left out mushrooms (not a fan)
- only used 1 packet of stroganoff seasoning (vs 2)
- used full bag of wavy egg noodles
- added additional seasonings to crockpot with meat (cut into 1.5" chunks) / tomatoes and cooked on low for 8 hours (minced garlic, red pepper flake, basil, oregano, salt, pepper)
- with about an hour left, i pulled out and cut the meat into small shreds and then returned it to the crockpot
- after adding the pasta, i cooked it together for only about 10 minutes (to avoid mushy pasta)
Stroganoff is a standard crockpot meal in fall and winter for us and this will be replacing my old recipe! It had a subtle sweetness and fantastic creaminess. Loved it!
Was this review helpful?
5 users found this review helpful
This recipe is an excellent base. With some minor changes, I found it really outstanding! ...