Awesome! I didn't add the extra pepper to the mix - only used the tops. Instead of the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, I used tomato sauce (Ragu's Super Vegetable Primavera - added extra veggies). I also didn't precook the peppers, just stuffed them and baked them for 40 minutes. My husband ate his in what seemed like two minutes!
Here is the exact recipe I used:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add the turkey, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook the turkey or beef until no longer pink. Set aside. In same skillet, heat oil. Add onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and chopped pepper tops and cook until tender. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the tomato sauce.
3. Place the red peppers into a square glass baking dish. Stuff the peppers with the skillet mixture. Add any remaining mixture to baking dish around peppers.
4. Bake peppers for 40 minutes.
5. While peppers are baking, cook pasta according to directions on box. After draining pasta, add a bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking.
6. To plate, place pasta on plate and top with pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Hope this helps - these came out perfect!
Was this review helpful?
342 users found this review helpful
Awesome! I didn't add the extra pepper to the mix - only used the tops. Instead of the diced...