This is a hit every time I make it, and now am making it by request for Christmas day! I've modified it a little over time:
- less sugar, I only used 2/3 cup
- use really good real vanilla extract...the better vanilla makes a tastier filling
- pre-bake the bottom for 8 minutes...helps it from getting soggy. This means you have to have the rest ready to fly and finish quickly and back in the oven.
- lemon zest in the cheesecake filling! It's adds depth and takes the heat off the sweet
- I use half the butter, soften it, spread it evenly on the top --- then I sprinkle half-cinnamon and half-sugar on top...again...cut the sugar so it's more cinnamony than sugary
- no honey
Let it refrigerate overnight --- something magical happens :)
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
This is a hit every time I make it, and now am making it by request for Christmas day! I've...