After reading all the reviews and seeing some had trouble with the recipe, I decided to take a different approach.
1. I used partially thawed chicken breasts - this was much easier to handle and to slice. I sliced lengthwise and placed a small amount of the feta cheese inside, then red peppers. I then placed in the fridge for 1/2 hour to defrost entirely.
2. I used buttermilk to coat the chicken (while held together with toothpicks).
3. I used panko bread crumbs seasoned with dried parsley, oregano and garlic powder.
4. I browned slightly in pan in olive oil. Removed toothpicks.
5. I felt I had to bake in the oven because the chicken pieces were quite large. 350 degrees for 30 - 40 mins. Unfortunately I didn't have any roasted red peppers left to make the sauce. I used 1/8 cup of mild salsa with the sour cream. This was very good! I will definately serve this to visiting guests for dinner.
Was this review helpful?
72 users found this review helpful
After reading all the reviews and seeing some had trouble with the recipe, I decided to take a...