This was a wonderful recipe, did some adaptations. Yesterday family raved on this recipe which I doubled to accommodate the crowd.
1) Used purple cabbage for a brighter Fall color presentation
2) Subbed sugar for organic Stevia: each individual Stevia packet is equivalent to 2 tsp sugar --- a TBSP = 3 tsp, therefore that would be 3 packets if you're the making recipe as is, if doubling,6 packets or to taste.
3) Swapped half the oil out for sesame oil
4) Used half seasoned rice vinegar and half white wine vinegar since I didn't have enough of the rice vinegar
5) In addition to toasting the sesame seeds and sliced almonds, I opted to toast the crushed Ramen noodles too to avoid the sogginess others mentioned. There's only a little of the coleslaw left this morning and the Ramen noodles are still mostly crunchy!
5) FOLLOWING SOMEONE THE OTHER REVIEWERS SUGGESTIONS, I did not assemble it until right before serving.
REFLECTIONS *** I think if you roast the Ramen noodles, it would be safe and optimal to put it together about 30 -60 minutes before, to help the flavors marinate a bit, because I notice it's more flavorful this morning.
Next time I will try it that way and post an update if it made a difference. If anyone else is brave enough to try this and post feel free ? By the way, sorry no pic. As usual was rushing yesterday! Will post what's left in a bit.
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
This was a wonderful recipe, did some adaptations. Yesterday family raved on this recipe...