Once again, a great "basic" recipe with plenty of opportunity for variation. My tips for a gorgeous and delicious salad:
1) don't overcook the pasta. your salad will turn to into a broken mushy mess.
2) you MUST refrigerate this for at least 4 hours. even if you start with cold ingredients, the flavors must have time to come together.
3) cheap salad dressing will ruin this dish. go for the good stuff, whatever you use.
4) the salad is not meant to be "wet & drippy". go easy on the dressing. add salad seasoning or spices from your own rack if it needs a kick.
5) grape tomatoes cut in half and english cucumber keep the salad from getting soggy.
6) whatever spice you use, stay away from salt. it will make the tomatoes and cucumbers run.
7) don't be tempted to add too much liquid. your veggies will create more juice and the longer the salad sits, it will get wetter and your noodles will continue to swell.
Was this review helpful?
118 users found this review helpful
Once again, a great "basic" recipe with plenty of opportunity for variation. My tips for a...