Recipe by LORNASCHMALZ
"Fast and easy bacon fried rice. "
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
1 (10 ounce) package
frozen mixed vegetables
cooked white rice
I was about to post a similar recipe to this when I noticed your entry. I learned this recipe in my Home Ec class all the way back in middle school and I've cooked it ever since. Here are some important modifications I've learned that will solve some complaints about flavor problems.
1. Cook the peas separately and set them aside.
2. Cook the bacon in the pan, remove the bacon, and crumble. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
3. Add ONIONS! I don't measure, just use common sense and add a proportional amount, chopped.
4. Fry the onions right in the bacon grease until they start to turn clear and slightly browned. Then add the (raw) chopped carrots and cook those for a few minutes.
5. At this point, I shove everything to one side with a spatula and cook the eggs right in the pan on the empty side. Less pans to deal with later and it's easy/fast. Scramble them in a separate bowl first, then pour in the pan.
6. Once the eggs are scrambled and chopped up, add the peas, bacon, and rice.
7. I don't measure the soy sauce I use, but it’s probably more than 2 tbs. I pour on until everything is well coated. This way you don't need to add salt - the soy sauce takes care of that.
Hopefully these suggestions help. It's not authentic fried rice but it tastes awesome. I used to use vegetable oil but the bacon grease is already there and it tastes great (if a bit unhealthy... ah well).
I wasn't too impressed with this dish. It just didn't have enough flavor for me. I think next time I'll use less veggies and a little more bacon and soy. Maybe that'll help.
Tasty, although I did make the following changes: I omitted the salt, bacon and mixed veggies, used small frozen peas in place of the snow peas an increased the amount of soy sauce. I also added scallions and fresh minced garlic. I think the addition of some chopped onion would be good as well. The egg can be cooked at the same time the rice is cooking. Simply push the rice to one side, drop in egg and scramble, then mix all ingredients together. My husband commented several times at dinner how good the rice was. Thanks for the recipe!
Not authentic rice but VERY good! We all loved this! I used just one bag of frozen broccoli stir fry veggies to avoid chopping, which had broccoli, onions, mushrooms, celery, red peppers and water chesnuts and cooked them in the mircowave. I used only 3 cups of cooked rice and when it came time to add the rice to the bacon grease, I added the veggies, soy sauce and bacon all at once. Right before serving, I added the scrambled eggs. It DOES take up a lot of dishes to make this but everyone in my family loved it and I will make it again!
This was good. Ommited the bacon and added some fresh ginger.
I throughly enjoyed this rice. The secret is using cold rice. Cooking it in the bacon grease gave it tons of flavor. I'm giong to make it again tonight with mixed vegetable instead of just peas.
Until now, I was over-confident thinking that my homemade fried rice recipe was the best. This was great!! I did reduce the soy sauce a little, upped the amount of rice and added veggies I like (bean sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, pea pods and red bell peppers). This recipe can easily be adjusted! Great base for you to be creative! Out goes my old recipe!
This bacon-fried rice is really good. I would add less vegetables, though. I found that it became veggies with rice instead of rice with veggies. Tastes great, however!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Quick Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1/4 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 205
Rhubarb adds its tangy flavor to everything from salsa to lemonade. Don't forget the pie.
Warm weather calls for a cold, fruity smoothie. Choose from over 400 refreshing recipes.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
See how to turn leftovers into a fast and delicious meal.
This easy fried rice goes with just about any entrée.
A fantastic use for leftover rice, this is one restaurant quality dish!