Just finished making this, and it is really delicious! I unfortunately did not have all ingredients to hand, so I made the following substitutions/revisions:
1) Because I'm impatient, instead of soaking the split peas overnight, I started them cooking first, then just added the ingredients as I got them ready.
2) Used about 2-3 cup of diced fresh cooked ham on the bone.
3) I had a HUGE green chili pepper, so I removed the seeds first, diced it up and then sauteed it with the onions.
4) Didn't have any bitters, so I added about 1/2 cup of pumpkin ale.
5) At the tail end, I added about 2 teaspoons of curry. (The soup tasted great as is, I just felt like curry is all.)
Thanks for the new and interesting twist on split peas!
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
Just finished making this, and it is really delicious! I unfortunately did not have all...