Ok this definitely doesn’t look pretty for the picky eater (I just remember when I was a kid I stayed AWAY from casseroles), but it. is. delicious. I was counting on leftovers but there were none!
• Topping it over rice is crucial. I'm all about ease, so I separately made the SteamFresh White Rice with Veggies blend. It makes it taste more like chicken pot pie but without the soggy vegetables normally cooked inside!
• For ease and quickness, I took the suggestion to cook the chicken in the crockpot all day while at work so I only had to pull it apart and assemble the casserole when I got home. I cooked the chicken in one can of chicken broth for flavor and seasoned each piece with oregano, basil and garlic powder
• I used well more than 1 teaspoon of poppyseeds but its certainly a preference. My only change for next time is to try putting some poppyseeds into the casserole soup mix not just in the crust
• I prefer shredded cheese blends, so I used Mild Cheddar Jack. GREAT!
• I had to use an 8x8 pan – that’s all I had and I like the casserole to be chicken dense
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
Ok this definitely doesn’t look pretty for the picky eater (I just remember when I was a kid I...