My first batch following the recipe was disappointing: too dry and ripped apart when you peeled the liners off the muffins. My second batch was very delicious and had a great texture with these changes. Many thanks to the reviewers for some of these ideas:
1. Preheat oven to 400 and prepare muffin pan with liners.
2. In a small bowl prepare the glaze, 2 tsp oj concentrate & 1 tsp powdered sugar.
3. Mix dry ingredients (2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 cups sugar (half brown sugar and half white sugar), 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, no baking soda, 1 TBSP orange zest, 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
4. In a measuring cup, add 1/3 cup canola oil, 1 egg, 1/2 plain lofat yogurt, and fill to the 1 1/2 cup mark with orange juice (about 1/3 cup). Add 1/4 tsp orange extract.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just to moistened or almost moistened. Okay to have little bits of flour unmixed.
6. Fill muffins to top of liners and top with glaze.
7. Bake 15-20 until toothpick comes out clean
8. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
My first batch following the recipe was disappointing: too dry and ripped apart when you...