A surprising success for a family with finicky taste! Everyone in the family ate it, my daughter had seconds and my husband had 3rds. I did modify the recipe to appeal to the blander tastebuds of my kids (my daughter finds ketchup to be spicy). I made the following changes to accommodate the family:
- sauteed mushrooms and layered it at the bottom of the casserole (my husband and I love mushrooms), the kids not so much so we could give them less
- mixed leftover sticky chicken (also from allrecipes) with a tbsp of taco seasoning and layered on top of mushrooms
- layered corn on top of the chicken
- mixed rice, more taco seasoning, sour cream, cheddar cheese and tomato sauced mixed with cumin (instead of salsa) to give it more flavor
- topped with crushed tortilla chips and more shredded cheddar cheese
It was great. I'll make this and begin to incorporate more salsa and less tomato sauce until the kids are used to the flavor. Definitely a keeper!
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
A surprising success for a family with finicky taste! Everyone in the family ate it, my...