As a non-alcoholic drinker (I am allergic) I thought the rum was too strong, but got raves that the quantity of rum was 'just right.' Leftover cake was cut up in equal pieces for guests to take home. As for the glaze, I believe I found the solution. Initially, it's very runny, but if you remove the glaze from the stove for about 20 mins, it will thicken to a manageable consistency. I followed others in inverting the cake pouring the rum glaze over it, then let it sit 30 minutes and then flipped it over, and glazed the top, dusting with powdered sugar. I used a decorative mold and the cake turned out beautifully. Just be sure you spray the mold with cooking oil first, or the cake will stick.
Was this review helpful?
6 users found this review helpful
As a non-alcoholic drinker (I am allergic) I thought the rum was too strong, but got raves...