Awesome. If I could give it more stars, I would. I read and followed most of the suggestions and the results were simply perfection.
1. Use the 4 Cup Pyrex Glass Measuring cup -- the 8 cup was too heavy -- hard on my wrists. Heavily coat the glass measuring cup inside/spout and outer rim with Pam before starting.
2. Boil 2 pots of water on your stove before starting -- use this water to clean the Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup -- this really does work - it melts the sugar. Clean up was not a problem.
3. Use wooden utensils for mixing/blending/spreading. I used both wooden and metal utensils. The wooden ones came clean faster than the metal.
3. Really mix the sugar and light corn syrup well before nuking in microwave. This makes a huge difference.
4. Cover your cookie sheet with aluminum foil/put in oven at 200 degrees. Take it out when you start your second part of the recipe (the butter/vanilla) and coat the foil with butter.
4. If using roasted peanuts, put peanuts in on the 2nd part of recipe with the butter/vanilla.
5. Use the baking soda -- no one will break a tooth!
6. For my 900 Watt microwave the time = 7 minutes on the first part, 3 minutes on the last part.
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
Awesome. If I could give it more stars, I would. I read and followed most of the suggestions...