Worst recipe EVER. DO NOT do this! Unlike Rich, I got lucky, my potato did not set on fire... However smoke began to profusely pour out of my microwave before the second 5 minutes was up. The potato turned hard as a rock... the smell in my house is indescribably horrible. Much like Coffee beans set on fire. We had to eat the other parts of our meal outside because the smell was horrible and the potato was inedible! And after smelling like that, who'd want to eat it? This person clearly has a VERY weak, SMALL microwave, with no power. I Run a standard, household 1100 watt Microwave, they apparently do not. It ruined the night, it ruined my family's dinner, it ruined my house... I may have to camp outside because even with every window open, the A/C turned on circulation fan, my kitchen stove vent on full power, my bathroom vent on (the bathroom is right off the kitchen) and a stand-alone fan on high speed blowing air out of a giant, double-wide open window in the living room (which is right off the kitchen, they are only separated by a breakfast bar, so very open concept.) the smell would NOT go away. We've had all that running for over two hours now. 5 minutes on full power and then another 5 minutes on full power is just TOO LONG! This recipe should specify microwave size/wattage to prevent people from killing themselves with toxic fumes and in the case of another reviewer, flaming potatoes! And no amount of water would've saved this potato, it needed a hammer and a chisel!
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
Worst recipe EVER. DO NOT do this! Unlike Rich, I got lucky, my potato did not set on fire......