I am not sure if your mother's friend is missing some main ingredients...but I have lived in Cyprus for almost 10 years and have traveled to Greece yearly. Kourambiedes is my favourite Greek dessert. I added the following to give it a bit more kick :
- Nutmeg ground spice ( to add a bit to the batter )
- Cloves ground spice ( to add a bit to batter )
- Icing sugar for sprinkling ( I also added a bit of nutmeg and cloves to the icing sugar mix )
- Vanilla essence
- Toasted almonds ( chopped coarsely )
- Very little almond extract ( or else it will taste " synthetic " )
- 1 tbs. of cognac or brandy
Was this review helpful?
12 users found this review helpful
I am not sure if your mother's friend is missing some main ingredients...but I have lived in...