Recipe by ShanaLee
"Given to me by my mother, who got the recipe from a Greek friend of hers."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
I am not sure if your mother's friend is missing some main ingredients...but I have lived in Cyprus for almost 10 years and have traveled to Greece yearly. Kourambiedes is my favourite Greek dessert. I added the following to give it a bit more kick :
- Nutmeg ground spice ( to add a bit to the batter )
- Cloves ground spice ( to add a bit to batter )
- Icing sugar for sprinkling ( I also added a bit of nutmeg and cloves to the icing sugar mix )
- Vanilla essence
- Toasted almonds ( chopped coarsely )
- Very little almond extract ( or else it will taste " synthetic " )
- 1 tbs. of cognac or brandy
It was way too dry to shape into crescents. Hard to work with.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Serving Size: 1/30 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 113
Enjoy the bright days of summer with easy recipes.
Low-fat, low-carb, paleo, vegan. Get recipes for your lifestyle.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and helpful cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for just $7.99!
See how to make traditional Italian waffle cookies.
See how to make sweet and easy baklava.
Turn the flavors of soda bread into quick-and-easy cookies.