Recipe by ShanaLee
"Given to me by my mother, who got the recipe from a Greek friend of hers."
Watch video tips and tricks
I am not sure if your mother's friend is missing some main ingredients...but I have lived in Cyprus for almost 10 years and have traveled to Greece yearly. Kourambiedes is my favourite Greek dessert. I added the following to give it a bit more kick :
- Nutmeg ground spice ( to add a bit to the batter )
- Cloves ground spice ( to add a bit to batter )
- Icing sugar for sprinkling ( I also added a bit of nutmeg and cloves to the icing sugar mix )
- Vanilla essence
- Toasted almonds ( chopped coarsely )
- Very little almond extract ( or else it will taste " synthetic " )
- 1 tbs. of cognac or brandy
It was way too dry to shape into crescents. Hard to work with.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Serving Size: 1/30 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 113
Everything you need to party like a leprechaun.
New for spring! Good-for-you food you’ll love to eat.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and helpful cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for just $9.99!
See how to make traditional Italian waffle cookies.
See how to make sweet and easy baklava.
Turn the flavors of soda bread into quick-and-easy cookies.