Recipe by tworootless
"An old Navy recipe I put together back in 1966. Folks will beg you for this recipe :)"
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
1 1/2 cups
finely chopped onion
finely chopped green bell pepper
hot pepper sauce, or to taste
dried oregano, or to taste
dried rosemary, or to taste
Outstanding. I highly recommend. Even picky eaters agreed. Very delicious though I did swap out the raisins for craisons. Thank you tworootless.
I was disappointed with this meatloaf.
Very good! I threw in 4 Tbsp of capers and used golden raisins instead of regular raisins.
Excellent recipe...I used only ground chicken and 1 tsp of rosemary. Thanks
This was an excellent meatloaf. My husband is a nut for meatloaf - it's his favorite comfort food. He loved it. I used a spicy curry powder and extra oregano/rosemary.
We loved this! Meatloaf is always a hit with my family, and this is a nice change from the regular stuff. The curry adds interesting flavor, and the raisins are a great compliment to it. I made a few modifications:
- I used half turkey and half beef, just because it's what I had on hand.
- I used Worcestershire sauce instead of hot sauce because I love Worcestershire, and kids + hot sauce = no.
- I added extra ketchup and Worcestershire because I felt it needed more moisture (maybe an extra tablespoon or so of each). I also added a second egg.
- I used steel cut oats instead of rolled because that's what I had. It turned out perfect! The steel cut oats added nice nuttiness and texture. Because of my schedule, I needed to let the prepped meatloaf sit in the fridge for a few hours before cooking - maybe that allowed the steel cut oats extra time to absorb moisture?
- I used celery instead of green pepper because that's what I had.
- I added a few tablespoons of capers per suggestion of another reviewer - loved the saltiness with the raisins.
- I felt the recipe needed more salt. When I make this again, I'll add a teaspoon or so of salt and about a quarter or half teaspoon of pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Serving Size: 1/12 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 93
Kale is the healthy, green leaf that transforms into a crunchy snack chip in your oven.
You can't go wrong choosing from over 400 pork chop recipes with ratings and tips!
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
Meatloaf made from ground buffalo and vegetables, wrapped in bacon.
Discover the secret to turkey meatloaf with the perfect texture.
See how to make a comfort food classic, Nashville-style.