1) REDUCE THE SUGAR!!!!!!!!!! Way too sweet the way is, even after I reduced it, I wish I would have reduced it some more because it was super-sweet.
2) I suggest following another merengue recipe for the topping, as someone suggesting, adding cream of tartar helps it to reach the right consistency.
3) Unless you're okay with more of a "pudding" than a "pie", I would suggest using a ready-made pie crust. The vanilla wafers don't hold too well as a crust (but it is delicious).
4) Make sure you cook the pudding long enough so that it's nice and thick. I think mine was a little too runny and I wish I would have cooked it just a bit longer.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
1) REDUCE THE SUGAR!!!!!!!!!! Way too sweet the way is, even after I reduced it, I wish I...