The batter smelled so delicious, as soon as the muffins were in the oven, I licked the mixing bowl clean!
I only made a couple changes, and it turned out fine:
1. in place of buttermilk, Fannie Farmer suggests 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice :)
2. instead of oat bran and wheat germ, I added an extra 1/4 cup of each type of flower
3. used 1 cup of frozen blackberries in place of blueberries
4. added an extra teaspoon of vanilla
5. added a teaspoon of cinnamon
They were super filling, 2 was enough for breakfast, and they tasted amazing :) the only issue I have with the recipe is that they needed to be cooked ALOT longer than 15 minutes, but maybe it is just my oven?
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
The batter smelled so delicious, as soon as the muffins were in the oven, I licked the mixing...