Loved it; however, I made changes on first time try based on reviews: tasteless & not crisp. Turned out great. Here are my changes...
1. 2 lg cloves of crushed garlic instead of powdered with beaten egg. As suggested by another reviewer, and no salt added, just pepper.
2. 1 cup breadcrumbs (roasted garlic crumbs) was too much, changed to 3/4 and that was still too much for 2 breasts, 29 ozs total, sliced into large sections. less than 1/4 cup parm cheese added to crumbs to balance smaller amount.
3. Used two 8 oz cans of mushrooms, could have used 4, fresh would be better even tho the canned didn't burn and tasted great - just not enough mushrooms for us.
4. Biggest change - we are not particularly fond of lemon - used a TBS. Italian Low Fat salad dressing mixed with the butter and it was excellent!
5. Baked chicken longer - until the breading felt crispy to the touch - the chicken did not dry out (even though they were slice big breasts).
6. At end, Put into the broiler Lo setting for about 5 min. to brown the crust then sprinkled mozzarella on top to melt as suggested by other readers.
Came out moist (did not space the chicken apart, but lay them touching) and crisp crusty on top and the mushrooms were yummy as was the chicken. This recipe is now in my keeper book! Love it!
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
Loved it; however, I made changes on first time try based on reviews: tasteless & not crisp. ...