Recipe by Joe
"This recipe has been rumored to be one of Sophia Loren's favorites. A quick tip to keep your cheese mold-free is to store it in a tightly covered container with a few sugar cubes. To add a pesto flavor, sprinkle with 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil and toss gently to coat."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
potatoes, peeled and cubed
fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
Great recipe - badly organized. My suggestion:
1. Prepare potatoes and green beans for cooking.
2. Peel and slice garlic and chop onions.
3. In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium low heat and add garlic & onion. Saute until golden and crisp over low heat. Add butter & heat until melted.
5. While garlic/onion is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Avoid overcooking. Drain and set aside.
6. Microwave or steam string beans 'til tender but still crisp. Set aside.
7. Cook pasta in boiling water; check at 10 minutes for al dente. Drain and coat with pesto if desired.
8. Add potatoes, green beans and pasta to garlic/onion mixture.
Add Parmesan and gently toss. S&P to taste & serve. Yum.
This is ok, but I don't know what the big fuss is. It's basically just beans, potato and noodles together. There isn't even any sauce. Not recommended.
Unusual combination of flavours that really taste great. The Parmesan cheese tops it off nicely.
While this recipe requires a few pots and pans, it is out of this world! I would never have guessed the combo of potatoes, beans, and pasta could ever taste so wonderful. This has gone into my recipe box!
This was really very good. At first I thought the bean/potato/pasta combo would be a little strange, but it really surprised me.
Sofia was right! This is great!
wonderful recipe, everyone loved it - agree with leslie's - wish i had read her suggestion before trying to avoid the confusion of getting the onions done definite keeper
I can see why Sophia likes this so much. Blanched fresh green beans for 3 minutes. Boiled snall,new potatoes for 6 minutes while onion sauted in butter till golden, then added a bucketful of garlic. Used whole wheat penne instead. What an wonderful blend of flavors!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Giacomina's Authentic Pasta Asciutta
Serving Size: 1/8 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 326
Check out time-saving recipes, because any night’s a good night to grill.
Get recipes that work for your busiest days.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and helpful cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for just $7.99!