Yes. But, as I am a Senior living alone, I did it my way. Also, I might add, I was a resident of Honolulu for several years so I am very familiar with this style of cooking. Having said that, this is what I did with your recipe to make it my own.
I pretty much doubled the recipe because I used a whole chicken, skinned.
• I used smooth peanut butter.
• Added 1 Tbl. of Fish Sauce
• 1 tsp. Hawaiian Sea Salt
• I used Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce in lieu of Salsa
What I did next may surprise. I sat the whole skinned in my Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker. I filled the cavity with the sauce and poured 2 cups of Chicken Stock into the pot around the chicken. I sat the time according to my crockpot table.
• When the timer went off and the pressure released, I removed the chicken from the bone and shredded it.
• I retired the chicken to the pot and set it on warm and allow the sauce to reduce
• It was delicious!
• When it cooled to room temperature, I made several meal-size pouches with my seal-a-meal.
For Seniors, making meals in batches is important for those days we just don't feel like cooking.
Good cooking & God Bless!
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
Yes. But, as I am a Senior living alone, I did it my way. Also, I might add, I was a...