This was a delicious recipe...MADE CHANGES, but I don't think they were too drastic. The entire family from baby to hubby LOVED it. My changes were:
1) used water and 3-4 Tbsp. chicken base paste (Tone's brand from Sam's -- no MSG)for broth,
2) Omitted salt, but used all that pepper! (Salt to taste before serving),
3) Cornstarch, for thickening: 1/3 cup mixed with a cup of the cold water or broth and brought to the boil in "step 1",
4) Broccoli: I steamed florets and small stems until just tender, then CHOPPED to my liking . I didn't measure, but would use more than two heads next time.
5) Added 3-4 Tbsp. white wine worcestershire. WOW!!!! If you can't find, try a small amount of regular.
6) Used 8 oz of sharp natural cheddar- no processed cheese. More would be even better.
Was this review helpful?
335 users found this review helpful
This was a delicious recipe...MADE CHANGES, but I don't think they were too drastic. The...