I just made this for my family and we LOVE it!! I did change it up just a little, however...
1) I did not fry the eggplant first, eliminating the need for water, oil, eggs, and flour.
2) I used 2/3 cups bread crumbs, and 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese - AND I added a hearty pinch of salt to the mixture.
3) I followed the suggestion of another reviewer and put the eggplant in raw, spraying each layer to get the bread crumbs to stick.
In the future, I will modify my version a little...
1) I will use far less mozzarella cheese - I eyeballed the layers, and definitely eyeballed too much!
2) I will not add extra salt - everything else has more than enough.
3) I will add a dash or two of garlic to the bread crumb mixture.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
I just made this for my family and we LOVE it!! I did change it up just a little,...