Recipe by Carol
"This is a light fruit cake that is excellent for a wedding cake. This cake can be cooked in other size pans, just fill the pans 3/4 full."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
candied cherries, halved
candied pineapple rings, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups
candied mixed fruit peel
There were a lot of complaints on this recipe(on the other listing as it appears twice). This recipe works great with a few modifications.
1. You can use any type of dried fruit to equal 6 cups total that you like, ie light/dark raisins, chopped dried apricots, dried cherries, cranberries, currants etc
2. Add 1 extra cup butter. Use a mix of sugars ie white, brown and splenda to equal 2 cups.
3. Add some cinnamon/nutmeg to enhance flavor
4. Finally and this is the key set the timer in 1 hour increments so it does not over bake as baking time of 3 hours will probably overbake and dry it out.
5. For those who like this you can add a couple of tablespoons rum every few days til Christmas and this also makes it moist and tasty.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Easy Light Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1/24 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 188
Choose your Easter dinner main dish from hams, savory lamb, and over 150 more recipes.
Bunny cakes, lamb cakes, chocolate eggs, and carrot cakes to nibble on.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
This light, delicious fruitcake features dried, not candied, fruit.
See how to make rich toffee with chocolate and nuts.
An easy apple crisp made with white cake mix, cinnamon, and butter.