Recipe by Carol
"This is a light fruit cake that is excellent for a wedding cake. This cake can be cooked in other size pans, just fill the pans 3/4 full."
Watch video tips and tricks
candied cherries, halved
candied pineapple rings, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups
candied mixed fruit peel
There were a lot of complaints on this recipe(on the other listing as it appears twice). This recipe works great with a few modifications.
1. You can use any type of dried fruit to equal 6 cups total that you like, ie light/dark raisins, chopped dried apricots, dried cherries, cranberries, currants etc
2. Add 1 extra cup butter. Use a mix of sugars ie white, brown and splenda to equal 2 cups.
3. Add some cinnamon/nutmeg to enhance flavor
4. Finally and this is the key set the timer in 1 hour increments so it does not over bake as baking time of 3 hours will probably overbake and dry it out.
5. For those who like this you can add a couple of tablespoons rum every few days til Christmas and this also makes it moist and tasty.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Easy Light Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1/24 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 188
Holiday cookies, cakes, pies, and breads. Get recipes and inspiration.
Get time-saving recipes to save your busy life.
Find just the right recipes for your holiday get-togethers.
See how to make sweet and easy baklava.
This light, delicious fruitcake features dried, not candied, fruit.
See how to make rich toffee with chocolate and nuts.