Recipe by PATTYJOJO
"Ground turkey, potatoes and cream-style corn make this a delicious and hearty casserole. It's very, very good and my family just chows it down. No leftovers here!!"
Watch video tips and tricks
1 1/2 pounds
potatoes, peeled and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 (15 ounce) can
1 (10.75 ounce) can
condensed tomato soup
My husband had 2 big helpings and thought it was excellent. I had to use ground beef because he won't eat ground turkey. Very easy and good.
I hate to say it but this recipe was horrible. Yes, it was easy and quick to make but it really tasted terrible. I would NOT recommend this to anyone.
Both my husband and myself were not impressed with this recipe. I even added a small onion and two cloves of garlic and it still came out tasting like corn smothered in tomatos. Won't make again! (but it was easy)
I had some ground turkey to use up so I tried this recipe. The tomato soup topping make it too bland for our tastes, but I think the overall concept is good. It is DEFINITELY an easy recipe. Next time I will try using something more flavorful than tomato soup, like spaghetti sauce or taco sauce.
I made this casserole last night and instead of cooking the casserole for 1 hour as the recipe states, it took nearly 2 hours to cook because the potatoes weren't done.
not bad but it's b/c we made lots of changes.
1. sauteed onion w/ the turkey (and garlic)
2. instead of creamed corn (sounded wierd) used a corn and peppers frozen blend (thawed).
3. topped the turkey w/ italian diced tomatoes w/ all the seasonings instead of tomato soup.
4. topped it all with leftover slices of potato, basted w/ butter.
* the italian diced tomatoes made it kinda watery so just drain it before serving. Also it's key to slice the potatoes very thinly and they'll cook in time. Might try to top with some cheese next time; otherwise, not bad for a simple prep dish!
I used mashed potatoes from a box, cuz im crazy with the lazy! My potatoes were not hard and they cooked all the way! It was amazing! I made it for thanksgiving potluck, my family thought i was crazy, nobody toched it, so i did not eat anyone elses food! It hurt to poo the next day!
Recipe was good..But a couple of suggestions... Use spheghetti sauce instead of tomato soup and the potatoes take longer than the receipe states.Other than that it was great! everyone loved it.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Easy Easy Casserole
Serving Size: 1/5 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 156
Holiday cookies, cakes, pies, and breads. Get recipes and inspiration.
Get time-saving recipes to save your busy life.
Find just the right recipes for your holiday get-togethers.
A comforting combination of chicken, veggies, and creamy sauce.
See how to make a super-simple, comforting winter casserole.
This chicken and rice casserole is simple and tasty.