Took the recipe and (x4) it. Placed in fridge overnight. Had to add a bit more milk in the morning and made over 60 corn dogs for a kids birthday party... People freaked. It was so pro and the taste was perfect. I used a butchers hotdog with no fillers, nitrates or additives and it was the hit of the party (until the ice cream truck I called showed up).
• Get a oil thermometer - keep oil between 350 - 370
• I used my side burner on the BBQ with a huge pot - no smell of a carnival in the house
• Get long skewers - easier to control
• Get the jumbo Dogs and cut in half - the cook easier and are more manageable
• Dry dogs with a paper towel and coat with corn starch and flour mixture and shake off access - batter sticks perfectly
• Make batter COLD - it will coat perfectly
• Use a LARGE TALL GLASS make dipping and coating simple and easy to control
ALSO - flash freeze and then place into a ziplock bag for storage
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
Took the recipe and (x4) it. Placed in fridge overnight. Had to add a bit more milk in the...