I made this for Christmas and my family RAVED about it! The different things I did to the recipe are as follows:
1) I used a whole bag of caramels (minus a couple for snacking ;) ) instead of 30. So I doubled the milk too. I think that helped the caramel to not be too hard in the end.
2) I used chocolate graham crackers instead of regular for the crust.
3) I used a whole bag of graham crackers (they come in two separate bags within the box) instead of just a cup. I never have enough crust. So I added another 1/4 cup of butter to the crust.
4) I didn't 'chill' the caramel/crust, I just left it sitting out on the counter for a few hours before adding the filling.
5) I used 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup Wilton's semi-sweet chocolate buds for the chocolate to go in the cheesecake.
6) Lastly, I topped of the cheesecake with some caramel sundae topping and mini semi-sweet morsels. It was beautiful!
Other than that, I did as the recipe said. Mine didn't crack at all and it wasn't that difficult to cut through the caramel layer. Of course it was a little tougher than your average crust, but not that hard.
I, personally, found it VERY sweet, but I'm giving it a 5 because every person told me it was "incredible" and my sister told me, "This is really good fancy restaurant quality!" I can't imagine serving it with more caramel sauce...it was sweet enough!
I will definately make it again since everyone loved it so. It's a keeper!
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
I made this for Christmas and my family RAVED about it! The different things I did to the...