This cake is REALLY good. REALLY. but these few tips, i think, will make the recipe easier and more foolproof.
1) the quality of your chocolate really matters. I used Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips. FYI, 6 oz of choc chips is 1 cup.
2) don't skip the egg yolks. For some reason, using whole eggs isn't as good. Hmmmmm...
3) there's really no need to flour the ramekins. if you "butter" them well, the cakes won't stick.
4) check the oven often. You don't want to undercook (too much "liquid") OR overcook (no "liquid"). I ended up keeping them in there for 11 minutes.
5) tap the ramekins to kill all air bubbles before putting them in the oven.
6) putting all of the ramekins on a cookie pan makes it easier to put them in/ take them out of the oven.
7) let the cakes cool for a few minutes before unmolding them. This will prevent the liquid center from coming out when you flip the cakes onto a plate. The middle should still be liquid though.
I hope these tips make life easier for you :)
this recipe really is awesome!
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
This cake is REALLY good. REALLY. but these few tips, i think, will make the recipe easier and...