I was scared...$35 worth of fish that might all be wasted if I screwed up!! This recipe was easy and delicious!
I did make a few tweaks:
- I had 1.32 lbs. of fish, cut into two pieces
- had about half the amount of capers requested. I dumped the bottle (liquid included) into a little bowl with 2 tblsp of water to slightly dilute
- patted down the fish with paper towels
- seasoned fish with salt/pepper
- Cooked skin-side down for four minutes/flipped, 2 1/2 more minutes...then removed, plated, covered with foil
- used dry vermouth in place of wine
- added 1 (or so) tblsp fresh lemon juice after wine reduced
- used 3 tblsp butter
- cooked the fish in sauce (spooning sauce over fish a few times) for a minute or so
Really great!! I would not have put this together myself, so thanks Barbara for this recipe!!
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
I was scared...$35 worth of fish that might all be wasted if I screwed up!! This recipe was...