SUCH a hit! Just like the ones you get at a fair or fall football game. The advice from all the reviews was crucial! I definitely thought I did it wrong when I was making it, but here are some things I learned:
- use roasted nuts, rather than raw nuts. Raw nuts are good too, but roasted gives more crunch in your end product.
- stir until all the liquid is gone. This means all the "goo" is gone. The sugar will begin to get REALLY hard to stir, then will become powdery again, and That's when the liquid is gone.
- stir vigorously towards the end. It might take a while
- don't make more than double the recipe at once. It becomes SO HARD to stir and will take forever to make.
- add some other spices to it. I think I added cloves and pumpkin pie spice. Yum!
- use a sifter and dust powdered sugar over the nuts when they are cooling on the cookie sheet. Gives a sweeter kick.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
SUCH a hit! Just like the ones you get at a fair or fall football game. The advice from all...