Recipe by Muy Bueno
"In case you haven't noticed, it's zucchini season. It's everywhere, it's cheap, and it's plentiful.
My garden is overrun with zucchini, what about you? Here's an easy way to make a zesty, satisfying side dish, perfect for a festive Labor Day celebration.
We had this dish frequently in the summer growing up. The joy of growing up Mexican!"
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
corn, kernels cut from cob
salt and ground black pepper to taste
grated Chihuaua cheese, or to taste
This was OK. My Mexican hubby gave it a 60% compared to his Moms. She has passed away and I can't ask her for the other 40%:( I think I did something wrong, since I added the buttermilk and it separated, was that supposed to happen? HHMM. I'm sorry Muy Bueno
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Calabacitas con Elote (Mexican-Style Zucchini with Corn)
Serving Size: 1/8 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 42
Big, bold food is always the best play. Get the top recipes now.
How much jalapeno and bacon will it take to fuel YOUR fans?
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
Grill this delicious Mexican corn on the cob and serve with lime.
See how to make Mexican sweet corn pudding-cake.
An amazing grilled corn topped with seasoned mayo and cojita cheese.