Used up two soup bones, made it on a chilly November day. 4 of us enjoyed it, I'd say the consensus level was 'pretty good'. A couple of things:
- it says it serves 8; I stayed pretty close to the listed ingredients and I'd say that it would easily serve 14.
- my soup bones were surprisingly meaty, so probably a little more than a cup of chopped meat went in as well.
- no one found it 'overly savoury'. I'd probably increase the flavorful stuff if I make it again.
- couldnt' find star anise, so substituted 1/2 t. anise seed.
- couldn't find whole allspice berries, so just threw in "some" ground allspice, about 2 t. I think.
- memo to self... consider adding mortar and pestle to letter to Santa
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
Used up two soup bones, made it on a chilly November day. 4 of us enjoyed it, I'd say the...