1. Leave out the regular potatoes, we all know they can be bland. This soup doesn't need a starchy filler. If you do use one, do what the others say and use a sweet potato.
2. Leave out the celery, it's gonna be stringy and a bit funky.
3. Use or get a hand blender. They're not terribly pricey and will make your life so much easier!
4. Reserve 1/4 of the chunky chopped squash and blend the rest. Then add the chunks, otherwise it will be like a bowl of baby food.
5. Add some other spices in here, a dash of nutmeg and even a TINY bit of cinnamon or some curry seasoning wouldn't hurt. Be careful with the curry, there's a fine line between a beautiful soup with an addition you can't put your finger on, and curry squash soup.
5. Ok, here's the kicker - when you've chopped up the stuff and put it in the pot, add half a peeled and hard diced apple. Mmmmmmm
The key to this soup is breaking up the texture of the soup, so leaving part of it chunky shouldn't be under rated. Really good with a hearty salad and a fireplace!
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
1. Leave out the regular potatoes, we all know they can be bland. This soup doesn't need a...