This is very process-y tasting. I really don't think this is a good recipe, but if you like chain restaurant soups then you might like this... or try this recipe I created:
1/2 cup butter,
1 onion- chopped,
1/2 cup carrot- chopped,
1/2 cup celery- chopped,
1 cup all-purpose flour,
2 cups chicken broth,
1 (12-ounce) good pale ale,
7 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar- shredded,
7 ounces processed Swiss cheese- shredded,
2 cups half-and-half,
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard,
3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce,
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1) Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, carrot, and celery. Saute until softened.
2) Add flour. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3) Add chicken broth and beer. Heat until it comes to a boil.
4) Slowly add shredded cheese while stirring until just boiling and smooth.
5) Add half-and-half, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt (if using). Reduce heat to low and cook until soup has thickened.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
This is very process-y tasting. I really don't think this is a good recipe, but if you like...