It seems like I *never* follow a recipe - and sometimes it even happens when I'm not changing something on purpose! I made this for dinner tonight and, surprisingly with all the goofs, it came out just great! Not puffy, but still very good. I added vanilla and left out the salt, at the recommendation of others. Served this with chunks of cantaloupe on the side and some leftover baked spiral ham - everyone loved it! I'd make it again - next time trying to follow the recipe by not leaving out ingredients just to see what it is supposed to be like.
1. I inadvertently left out the baking powder.
2. I also inadvertently left the melted (instead of soft) butter in the microwave and forgot to add it to the cheese mixture, so poured it over the top of the cheese mixture instead.
3. I also didn’t have enough cottage cheese – only about 1 cup – so added about 1/4 cup sour cream instead of just a tablespoon.
4. I also sprinkled about 3/4 cup fresh blueberries over the top of the cheese before spooning the balance of the dough mixture on top. VERY good – and I think I would try peaches or sliced apples sometime, too.
5. I also made a mixture of raw sugar and cinnamon and sprinkled it over the top of the whole thing before baking. Also VERY good.
Was this review helpful?
10 users found this review helpful
It seems like I *never* follow a recipe - and sometimes it even happens when I'm not changing...