I double this recipe, and it's gobbled up in a hurry. The first time I made this it was great, but I've added a few things that have people begging for the recipe every time. It goes as follows:
3 (15.5 oz) cans black eyed peas with liquid
2 (14.5 ounce) cans beef broth + 3 cubes beef bouillon
2 (29 ounce) cans PETITE diced seasoned tomatoes
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
12 oz Pkg Morning Star Crumbles
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
3 TBS Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master
1 TBS Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Celery Seed
1 to 2 pounds of CRISP crumbled bacon (I use pre-cooked packaged bacon)
1. In a large pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil 5 minutes stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for a half hour or so.
2. Store in refrigerator over night.
3. Prior to serving, bring soup to a boil, stirring frequently and reduce heat to low.
4. Meanwhile, fry bacon and crumble to serve atop soup.
5. Spoon soup into serving bowls, cover with croutons, top with 1 slice of Provolone, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and microwave just until cheese is melted.
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
I double this recipe, and it's gobbled up in a hurry. The first time I made this it was...