The name of this recipe is absolutely true. I have tried several other chocolate chip cookie recipes and none turned out this well...these are the BEST! They were FANTASTIC and my boyfriend was raving about them. Came out soft, chewy and very moist, and they stayed that way for several days left in an airtight tupperware.
If you had trouble with this recipe, I would say make sure that:
1. The butter is very soft before you work with it
2. Eggs are at room temperature
3. Scoop flour into a measuring cup and level it off to avoid excess flour, and then when you are adding the flour, add one cup at a time and mix before adding the next
4. Use parchment paper on your baking sheet
5. Definitely let the dough refrigerate for at least an hour before baking.
6. Leave them on the pan for a couple minutes before you put them on wire racks to cool.
I followed this exactly except for the time....I scooped mine out into pretty big scoops so it took about 12 minutes, and I also followed the advice of others and made it 1.5 cups of brown sugar and only half a cup of white. Otherwise...perfection. Will never use another recipe :)
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
The name of this recipe is absolutely true. I have tried several other chocolate chip cookie...