Recipe by April
"This is my aunt's shortbread recipe. It sticks to your teeth and tastes GREAT with milk."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
fructose (fruit sugar)
white rice flour
A friend gave me this recipe and I love it. I roll out the dough and use cookie cutters. I do cut recipe in half as it does produce alot of cookies
Perfect. I use more flour and i make sliced cookies, I bake them until became hard. Melt in the mouth.
This is one of the best recipes for shortbread. I have used it for years and also my daughters - so I guess it is a family favourite! Thanks for submitting it because it really is excellent.
Simple, quick and very good shortbread.
Love this recipe and have used it many times. It says fruit sugar, it is also called Rapid Disolving Sugar. For a twist here's a few things I've tried.
1) add 2 tsp vanilla.
2) add mini semi or dark chocolate chips or mint chocolate chips.
3) before baking decorate with, coloured sugar, chocolate chips, sprinkles, dried fruit or nuts(pecan, walnuts etc).
4) if cooking in a pan, try scoring the dough before cooking in the shapes of the bars you want. Making a large amount? Try spreading if to fill a cookie sheet. Perfect thickens and flat on both sides. The scoring can make them break apart with the tap of a knife on the line.
5) make these often? Try a shortbread Mold. Lee Valley Tools has one for around $40 CAN with the traditional thistle pattern.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Aunty Laura's Shortbread
Serving Size: 1/24 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 140
Browse through over 500 recipes for delicious, budget-friendly meals.
The old saying goes, "Eat what you can, and can what you can't!" We have the know-how.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
Can’t decide between cookies, caramel candies, or chocolates? They're all three!
See how to make the ultimate Christmas cookie.
See how to make delicious fresh berry bars.