Recipe Requests - Community - Allrecipes

the buzz

Welcome to The Buzz

Question Ask a question  |  Learn More

Log in to add a comment to the recipe request. Join now to use this free feature.

Asked by:

Photo by Cheerios

Cooking Level: Intermediate

Cheerios is asking: (2 answers)
OT I am now playing the role of a plumber who is trying to replace part of my sink on the top with a new part in the middle to replace the old one but now how do I go about getting the middle part taken out so I can replace it with the new one. I managed to turn the water off which is a good thing.

Share your thoughts

Last updated: Feb. 16, 2013 1:01 pm
Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 12:08 pm
Answered by: janet7th
Feb. 16, 2013 12:11 pm
Do you mean the faucet or the drain or what?
gderr the dysfunctional
Feb. 16, 2013 12:17 pm
do you mean j-bend?
Feb. 16, 2013 12:18 pm
I mean the island on top of the sink where the taps are located along with the spout in the middle. I have the new spout on and there is an O ring to go on also. But where does the O ring fit into the situation. Does it just go on the bottom of the new spout when you put it on the pipe and that is all there is to it or is there another way to do it correctly.
Feb. 16, 2013 12:21 pm
I am just working on the top of my sink where the taps are and I am trying to put on a new spout with an O ring to be installed along with the new spout. But I am wondering where the O ring fits into the spout. Does it just go on the bottom and then back on the pipe and I am back in business again. When I turn on the water again of course.
gderr the dysfunctional
Feb. 16, 2013 12:26 pm
yes, that's how the o ring goes between connecting pipes. hope i understand and answering correctly.
Feb. 16, 2013 12:35 pm
look at the picture you posted on feb -11- the one with the spout off- see the ring?? that's it- then place the new spout on - screw it in-turn water back on- carefully- check for leaks:-)
Feb. 16, 2013 12:41 pm
Without seeing what you have, it’s hard to troubleshoot. Here is YouTube video showing how to replace an o-ring . . . . . . if this is not the type faucet you have, type in ‘replace kitchen faucet o-ring’ into the YouTube search bar and select from the numerous videos which will appear. If you know your mfg., add that info into your search description too.
Feb. 16, 2013 1:01 pm
Hi everyone, I attached the new piece and put the water back on again and now it is still leaking with the O ring in place so I am getting someone from nearby to come and have a look also to see what is what with my taps. Thank you with your assistance. It is much appreciated and welcome anytime.
Answered by: nanny129
Feb. 16, 2013 12:41 pm
p.s.- great pictures of tyour cookies
We do our best to make sure that Allrecipes user contributions are appropriate, but if you see anything questionable, please let us know so we can address the issue.
Go Pro!

In Season

Let the Slow Cooker Handle It
Let the Slow Cooker Handle It

The best wintertime meals need a long, slow simmer while you're doing something else.

Get Your Money's Worth
Get Your Money's Worth

Our big collection of budget recipes will leave some jingle in your pocket.

Subscribe Today! Only $7.99
Subscribe Today! Only $7.99

Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!

Most Popular Blogs

Read our blog

Recently Viewed Recipes

You haven't looked at any recipes lately. Get clicking!
Quick Links: Recipe Box | Shopping List | More »
Argentina  |  Australia & New Zealand  |  Brazil  |  Canada  |  China  |  France  |  Germany  |  India  |  Italy  |  Japan  |  Korea  |  Mexico

Netherlands  |  Poland  |  Quebec  |  Russia  |  SE Asia  |  United Kingdom & Ireland  |  United States