Choose a delicious main dish:
Pair it with a fresh and pretty side dish:
About 2 hours before brunch:
- Take casserole or quiche from the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature. Bake French toast at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. For quiche, reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Clean and slice strawberries or other fruit, and assemble salad.
Serve at least one special drink so you can raise a toast to Mom. Garnish mimosas, Bellinis, or cosmopolitans with edible flowers or fruit slices.
- Set up a drink station with large pitchers of freshly squeezed orange juice for mimosas or spiced tomato juice for bloody Marys. Let guests mix in alcohol to suit their tastes.
- Pull out martini glasses and serve pomegranate cosmopolitans. Add one ounce of vodka to a shaker with 1/2 ounce orange liqueur, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice and a splash of pomegranate juice. Shake over ice and strain into a martini glass.
- Prepare Bellinis with chilled Prosecco and white peach puree. (Use the flesh from one ripe peach per glass, or puree frozen peaches and add to taste.)
- Give kids a drink station. Replace alcohol with sparkling grape juice but offer similar mixers and grenadine. Let kids spear maraschino cherries and orange slices on toothpicks to garnish drinks, or give them party umbrellas.
- Have each guest take a turn raising a special toast to Mom. Talk about one particular thing you're thankful for, or just give a heartfelt thanks for everything she's done over the years.