If you've been following our six-week holiday countdown (see sidebar for weeks 1-4), you've managed to stay organized while keeping the focus on spending time with family and friends. Use these tips to make the most of the next two weeks--and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.
Week 6: Finish the Work and Prepare to Celebrate!
- Do any deep cleaning or organizing that still needs to be done before the holidays. The rest of the month will just be for light cleaning and finishing touches.
- Pack and prepare any gifts for domestic shipping. (See Holiday Countdown: Weeks 2 Thru 4 for packing and mailing tips.)
- Plan a family outing to pick up a tree and bring it home to decorate. You're so organized at this point, you can throw a tree-trimming party!
- Begin to prepare any holiday foods that can be made ahead and frozen.
- Hand-deliver gifts to teachers, service workers, colleagues, and others to whom you want to show your appreciation.
- Finish any remaining shopping and gift wrapping.
- Send holiday cards.
Now, enjoy the rest of December! Ski, party, pamper yourself, bake cookies at a leisurely pace, and use frozen meals to take stress off of busy days. Just have fun and give yourself the time and the energy to be filled with the spirit of the season.
Back to Holiday Countdown: Six Weeks to Sanity:
Save This Article to Your Recipe Box
It's easy! First, copy the article's web address (Url). Then click My Recipe Box at the top right corner of this page. Click Weblink at the top of your Recipe List and paste the Url in the space provided. Then follow the prompts.