Bake and Freeze Recipes
Lots of baked goods can be prepared and tucked away in the freezer, ready when you need them. Here are a few recipe ideas and freezing tips to get you started.
- Double-wrap baked goods securely and label the outside of the package.
- Firm up delicate cheesecakes in the freezer first, so you won't damage them while wrapping.
- Freeze undecorated cake layers for up to a month. Fill and decorate when completely thawed.
- Place frozen items in cake carrier to defrost, to prevent them absorbing odors in refrigerator, or thaw baked goods at room temperature.
- Freeze pies before baking. Nut pies such as pecan pies can be frozen after they are baked.
More Holiday Baking Advice:
Christmas Quick Links