Creepy Crawly Cupcakes
You can put the bite on these spiders before they put the bite on you, thanks to Heatherly Noble who notes, "These are a huge hit with kids!"
These mummy cupcakes were made by Massachusetts cook chefX39 using a carrot cake cupcake recipe.
This popular Halloween cupcake comes from Liz Harrison, who says she "always brings these ghoulish treats to class parties."
Halloween Layer Cakes
Specialty molds are available for baking pumpkin-shaped cakes, but you can also frost a Bundt cake with orange-colored frosting. Shape a stem out of dark green- or brown-tinted marzipan or frost a small cupcake green. To make an extra-large pumpkin cake, bake two Bundt cakes and attach the flat sides together, then frost to resemble a pumpkin.
These cheesecakes are elegant enough for grownups, but fun for the kid in all of us.
More Halloween Cake Ideas
Huge Scary Spider Cake
- Bake a chocolate cake in two stainless steel oven-safe bowls, one twice as large as the other.
- Once the cakes are cool, take the larger-sized cake (this will be the spider's body) and cut it in half horizontally.
- Scoop out a good-sized cavity in the bottom half, and fill it with green-, yellow- or red-colored filling. Attach the two halves back together.
- Arrange the filled cake and the smaller cake (the head) on a serving platter. Frost with a black-tinted frosting. Attach black licorice for legs and six large red gumdrops for eyes.
Haunted Graveyard Cake
- Bake a sheet cake and frost with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle it with crushed chocolate cookie crumbs.
- Bake shortbread or cutout cookies in a tombstone shape. Dip the cookies in a thin icing of confectioners' sugar and milk. Use a toothpick to carve R.I.P., or decorate with royal icing.
- Gently stand your tombstones in the chocolate frosting. Decorate graveyard with cookie or candy ghosts, black cats, and pumpkins.
Ghost Cake with Flaming Eyes
- Cut a sheet cake into a ghost shape, and decorate with white icing. Use black-tinted icing for eyes and moaning mouth.
- Put eggshell halves on eyes. Soak two sugar cubes in high-proof alcohol. Place sugar cubes in eggshells. Just before serving, light sugar cubes with a match. Boo!
Need more? We've got what you're looking for.